Thursday, January 30, 2014

BECAUSE IT'S THURSDAY?

"if you're happiest when you're complaining...then you're a grouch like me"


FLASHBACK january 29, 2014 (yeah, i know...huge flashback)
i'm having lunch with a friend and she mentions it's national curmudgeon day. man!! i missed it! but it gets me thinking. i know a lot of curmudgeons. i mean A LOT of curmudgeons. and i think, if you take a sec to look around you, so do you.

curmudgeon /kərˈməjən/ :  a person who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains

we all have our moments when it seems we fit the definition but, to be an ACTUAL curmudgeon, it has to be a way of life. it has to almost make you joyous to complain. and, every morning...i mean every. single. morning...all the curmudgeons i know are spouting their annoyances and complaints on my facebook time line. how do i know they're curmudgeons and not just having a bad day? because it's always complaints. they are never, ever, happy. it's day, after day, after day of: the dog ate my homework...it's too cold/wet/cloudy outside...the sun is too bright...this fire is too warm...my bed was too comfortable...my football/baseball team didn't win...my husband/wife is breathing too loud...argh argh argh...

don't get me wrong? i love having curmudgeons in my life. although i always wonder what these people would do if they had real problems, i am completely entertained by their posts. they make me laugh. so, if you are one of my curmudgeons: keep it up, sunshine!! 

today
like i said, national curmudgeon day was yesterday. it's too late to celebrate your favorite curmudgeon...or your curmudgeonliness (i may, or may not, have just made that up)...but it's not too early to prepare for next year. so...in honor of the day, here are a few of my favorite curmudgeons. maybe they remind you of someone you know?

walt (clint eastwood)~gran torino

mickey (burgess meredith)~rocky

archie bunker (carrol o'connor)~all in the family

scrooge (reginald owen)~a christmas carol

carl (ed asner)~up

professor snape (alan rickman)~harry potter

and my all time favorite. also, proof that women can be curmudgeons:

ouiser boudreaux (shirley mcclain)~steel magnolias

HAPPY BELATED NATIONAL CURMUDGEON DAY!!









No comments:

Post a Comment